🍎 Produce Team Member
Come build a better world with great customer service! The Springfield Food Co-op is adding to our Produce Team. Part to Half-time position opening up, 24 hours a week minimum with the potential for more. Weekend days required. Team members provide the best customer experience around and get to participate in the positive culture that drives our store.
- Receive orders according to department guidelines.
- Replenish and rotate displays, spritzing and culling several times a day, following stocking guidelines set by Produce Manager.
- Trim, wash, bundle produce following priorities set by Produce Manager.
- Double-check for accurate signs and prices. Make signs if needed according to established marketing guidelines.
- Attend department and storewide meetings.
- Cover Produce Manager or Assistant shifts when out of the store, to include ordering, receiving, storing, and pricing.
- Dispose of damaged or spoiled goods promptly with appropriate notice given to the Produce Manager.
- Remove trash, clean cases, and keep prep and storage areas in clean, orderly condition.
- Use equipment safely. Monitor cooler and walk-in temperatures and follow procedures for handling breakdowns. Advise Produce Manager of equipment repair and replacement needs.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service to all customers, even if not in the produce department.
- Assist customers with any produce questions and special orders.
- Offer samples and suggestions for purchase and preparation.
- Provide product information and educational materials to customers and staff.
- Retail Experience
The Springfield Food Co-op has been a community staple for over 25 years. We provide healthy, natural, affordable grocery, household, wellness, fresh produce, and deli items. We are member-owned (over 1900 members), yet serve anyone who walks through the doors. We support the local economy with excellent jobs, fair prices to local farmers and vendors, accessible food options, and community giving.
Employees receive a fair wage, a discount on all purchases, generous paid time off, paid holidays, a family-friendly work environment, and professional development opportunities.
Springfield Food Co-op is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination in all aspects of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, place of birth, age, or against a qualified individual with a disability (or any other classification protected by law).
Completed applications can be returned to the co-op in person or by email at email@example.com.